Monday, March 2


"Your voice is all I hear somehow"

That's from a Joshua Radin song (Im becoming obsessed with his
music :) ) and I love it because that's exactly how I want to feel about the Lord. I want his voice, his guidance and direction, to be the only thing I hear, the only prescence in my life. I wish I could say that is how it is now, but I would just be kidding myself. It't not easy to train your mind to focus only on God; it takes practice and trial and error. It's hard, because the devil is trying to sneak in there and grab my thoughts and my actions.

But I patiently and persistantly pray for strength to keep my eyes on what is good, holy, and unseen.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (1 Corinthians 4:17-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment