Sunday, March 1

( I didn't take this picture, I just found it online.)

ISN"T HE CUTE!!!!!???
So basically, this was me all weekend. I think I got 11 hours of sleep on Friday night and 12 hours last night. And let me just tell you, the cure for the common cold is totally SLEEP! Sleep + as much Vitamin C as you can get + Zicam cold medicine + juice = getting well fast. I feel so much better than I did last Wednesday and Thursday.

I know I usually post poems and such, but for some reason my creativeness in me has been MIA lately. I'm sure if I sat down and didn't stop thinking untill I pounded out some verses that rhymed, but I hate forces creativity. The best creativitiy comes from passion and from your heart- it's natural.
It's been a great weekend though- Friday I got to Skype (i just discovered Skype and I LOVE IT!) with my best friend from home, Janice, and it was great to talk with her and catch up. She showed me some really cool pictures that a friend of hers, Aaron, took while he was in Haiti. Here are the photos she showed me:




And the reason I'm so excited about these pictures and about sharing them is because I'm going to HAITI in exactly TWO WEEKS!

I'm going with a group of seven other UMD students and recent college graduates through a ministry on campus called THE GATHERING. We're going on a missions trip to Percin, which basically sounds like a little ghetto in a town called Petit Guave. We're going to be focusing most of our time and effort on spending it with the children in this village. I hear we'll be playing lots and lots of soccer (which I'm super excited about) and doing educational activities with them. Another big part of the reason we are going here is to host workshops with the adults in the village to teach them about the importance of family relationships, becuase evidently within Haitian culture, parents don't really associate themselves with their own children and don't even play with their kids.

Can you imagine a five year old boy trying to take care of his newborn baby sister all by himself?

Well, unfortunately that's how it is there- and were hoping to teach them ways in which the adults can be more interactive with their kids and how they can ensure that their children live healthier and better lives.

And I have to raise a totall of $1800 to be able to go, which is alot, but I know its going to be totally worth it, and I still need about $700, so I'm just hoping the Lord will provide somehow- and I know that he will.

So anyways, we'll be in Haiti for a week and I'm just so excited to start new freindships with the Haitians and see what God has in store for us to do there.

No comments:

Post a Comment