Saturday, March 14

In about 14 hours, I will be on my way to Haiti, rather God will be leading me there. Though I am excited to do somehting I've never done before, go to another country, and have fun playing soccer with children, I must make sure not to overlook the purpose of this trip. I am going to serve God, to do his will, to bring his love and mercy and peace and hope to the people in Haiti. And I believe that among all the destitution and brokennes down there on the island of Hispaniola, God is there.

I feel so blessed that God chose me and is using his hands to guide me to Haiti. I can only pray that I will be able to have the strengh and compassion needed to work so that the Haitians can see Jesus through my work and my actions. God truly is great and we really are his body.

Honestly, I am not afraid of being unsafe or scared down there in Haiti. What I fear the most is that the Lord is going to break my heart down there. That he's going to show me things and introduce me to kids that are going to hit my heart so hard that it will be impossible to forget. I'm afraid I'm going to want to do more, and that I'm not going to want to leave Haiti... But maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself. All I know now, is that I am so so so thankful for God's prescence in our lives, and that without him, I would be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment