Wednesday, February 11

I can taste spring in the air
it tickles the tip of my tongue
my prayers for life and love have been answered
in the breeze
I seek and find hope
The vast blue book above my head beckons
me to the heavens
its pages covered with white puffy words
that make funny animal forms
I see a bunny
a giraffe
a turle
I see myself
I see God

The wind forms a vacuum around my body
it blows my bones
signaling a sweet rain
that tastes like gum drops when it hits my lips

Crawling over the horizon the sun
begins the day with light
Vague at first
an ever present glowing in the back of my mind

My feet beg to be bare
and frolic through thick
green grass
We spun in circles
arms outstretched
and fall down on our bony backs
the ground soft beneath
with our cares and worries left spinning
in circles above our bodies
with giggles gurgling from our red mouths
we can’t stop laughing
I can’t cease smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment