Saturday, February 14


The frozen ground I tread on turns my breath to steam.
Everything’s cold and still
as if I’m sleepwalking through a never ending dream.
Wake up!
I need to feel alive.
Get up!
My passion the cold can never kill.

Wandering through these lazy days
I feel less and less accomplished,
trying to make sense of the different ways
to take through life’s silly journey.
Keep going!
I’m encouraged.
Don’t stop!
I’m pushed on.
Moving onward, though sometimes slowly, with no delays.

My soul floats above me
and views this weakened face.
Apart from my body
my thoughts float off into space.
I need to anchor my feet
to this cold ground below.
I must keep grounded
and hope my thoughts don’t blow.

Tear the shackles away.
I won’t run.
I just can’t stand my body to be bounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment