Saturday, January 24

Books

If I could do anything, I would take a year off- just 12 months, that's all I'm asking for- go and live at my grandma's house at the shore, and just read. I have SO many books to read. I've realized that I have a book fetish. I am obsessed with books, bookstores, etc. BUT I don't have the time to read. And when I do have free time, I just need to let my brain not think because when I'm busy I'm so stressed out that the little freedom it has it just needs to breath and relax. I have about 20 magazines, mostly old National Geographics and Conde Naste Travelers to read, and they are not fast reads either, they take a while. And Im only halfway through my book of Emerson, which I'm loving by the way. And then I just, I can't even list all the books on my book shelf. Novels, non-fiction, Chrisitian books, textbooks. Did I mention I was going to re-teach myself french over break, I got two french books for Christmas, and only got to chapter three in one of them.... and I start my french class (the first one in over a year) at 9 am on Monday! ZUT!!! (which I do remember means "darn" en francais....) And now, instead of rambling on, I could very well be relaxing on my nice warm, comfy bed with Mr. Emerson and my cup of now cool coffee (yes, I am drinking coffee after mid-night... WHY?! ZUT! Je ne sais pas!) and reading and learning and discovering. But no, I am rambling. I like to ramble and read. Read and ramble. Hmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment