Sunday, February 21

Purpose

One of the hardest things to deal with is trying to figure out why something happened the way that it did. I'm not sure I believe in "coincidences" or "fate", rather I do believe everything happens for a purpose, as part of the greater plan of the God of the universe.

The dictionary defines coincidence as:

"a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance"

and fate as:
"something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune".

I'd like to think that God makes those occurences and situations that we may view as coincidence, fate, and chance and he creates those as part of his master plan.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
This is all very reassuring, to know that all things that happen are for the good of myself. That God, my Father who loves me beyond anything I can imagine, only has the best planned out for me.
"God is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or ever dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes." - Ephesians 3:20
So then why, when hard things happen, when I am faced with difficult decisions and times, when my heart aches for something I cannot have or cannot do, why do I doubt God's motives. No- that's not the right wording. I am not "doubting" God, my faith is not lacking in Him and I do not love him any less. It's just hard sometimes to have no idea why things happen the way they do. One moment, something seems so part of God's plan for you, and the next, the plan got turned upside down and you're right back to where you were. Or are you. I guess what I'm getting at and what I am figuring out is that God really does do everything for a reason and we aren't always going to know what the reason is right away, or for a really long time. And we have to accept that and trust that what God gives us we can handle and that it really is in our best interest.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28












No comments:

Post a Comment