Monday, June 8

Rebuild

" 'I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined
cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they
will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plan Israel in their own land,
never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,' says the Lord your
God." - Amos 9:14-15


A while back the band Switchfoot partnered up with Habitat for Humanity to help out after Katrina. They released this song around that time called Rebuild- it's an awesome song- great lyrics and a wonderful beat. You can actually download it free from Switchfoot, so go here and do that: http://www.switchfoot.com/rebuild/ .


It's really sad to think that the world has always been a broken place. Ever since the beginning of time there has been saddnes, pain, fear, longing. Many of us don't experience the brokeness that much of the world does. Yes, some of us do face hardships like broken hearts, sicknesses, or deaths in the family, and yes those are very hard times filled with lots of tears. But compared to the brokeness and disparity felt by those who have nothing in third world countries, we have it good.

I dream about the day that all this poverty, hunger, hurt, fear, death, fighting and war will be over. I dream about the day when every nation will be united and the people on this earth, our brothers and sisters, will be friends. I dream about the day when my God will bring justice to the earth and heal the brokeness that has seeped into so many hearts. I'm so thankful that the Lord is a loving God and that he believes in justice. I probably won't live to see this new kingdom on earth, when God rebuilds the lands and its people, but I know that day will come. And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment