Wednesday, April 7

Be free

If you could be anywhere else doing anything else right now, where and what would it be?

Not that I am not perfectly content now, rather I am. Sitting at my desk bending and forming my brain for tomorrow's exam, I am content. And happy. Today was an excellent day. And though the sun has set hours ago, I still feel its light in my body, its warmth in my heart.

But, though I try to concentrate on my studies, on what is social stratification and inequality and all the facets that explain why these injustices exist, my mind is elsewhere. My mind is restless.

Right now I wish so badly to be curled up in a hammock with a warm, somewhat scartchy blanket around my shoulders and watching the sun set over a purple horizon as the waves lap on the shore and seagulls float over head. I yearn for the shore, for the freedom that exists within your soul as you stand at the edge of the water and peer with gently eyes toward the never ending horizon.

Gosh, these thoughts make me miss Long Beach Island so bad. And freedom.... but I am free. So why don't I feel so? Why do books and timelines and work and relationships hold me captive? Why do I let them?

The good news, I don't have to.
And neither do you.

Allow yourself to be free.
Allow yourself to fly.

There's nothing holding us back but our own two feet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment