Monday, June 14

A Panoramic life

Sometimes the world just needs to be seen through completely open eyes. Why does society insist on its members to wink and squint, to distort and enlarge, to cover one or both eyes with a blindfold, when the world seems to have been created to be seen fully and wholly. Our eyes were created with peripheral vision, with the ability to see near and far. We can turn our necks to span from left to right and up and down, creating the widest possible panoramic view we can. And we can even twist our hips and step in circles to get a completely 360 degree view of our surroundings.

We are meant to see every detail the world and the fabric of life can offer us.

Therefore I refuse to give in to the whims of society and be restricted in my world views. I will not be wronged by pressures of my peers and tradition. The world we live in deserves to be absorbed by our minds in an all-encompassing fashion.

What I'm getting at is this: why allow myself to be consumed by society's iron cage, to say "This is what I'm going to do with my life" or "That is the job I am going to get when I graduate" when there are SO many paths that my life could take and so many directions I could turn. I don't want to live encumbered by a fixed mindset, but rather keep my options open wide to let the universe breathe into my breath and gently guide me in the direction of my fate, bobbing up and down with the rising tides of today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment